A stuffed potatoes recipe for the more experienced cooks. It is worth the effort..
Ingredients for 6 servings:
6 large potatoes
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup flour
14 fl oz. oil
6 garlic cloves
2 tomatoes, chopped, peeled
1 tsp The Spice Way Moroccan Hot Paprika
1 tsp The Spice Way ground Turmeric
1 tbsp The Spice Way Chraime Moroccan Hot Spice Blend For Fish
1 tbsp chicken soup base
2 tbsp tomato paste
1. Peel the potatoes.
2. Cut a "pocket" in the potatoes (about 1/2 inch)
3. Put meat inside the pocket you created.
4. Dip the potatoes in flour and then in egg.
5. Deep fry the potatoes until slightly golden.
6. On a separate pan add oil and onion and fry until golden.
7. Add the tomatoes, sugar and garlic and mix well and cook for another 5 min and put aside.
8. Mix paprika, turmeric, Chrime blend, soup base hot water and mix. Add to the pan and mix.
9. Add tomato paste and mix.
10. Put 1/2 of the sauce in a large pan and arrange the potatoes inside. Pour the rest of the sauce on the potatoes and cover with aluminum foil.
11. Heat using a low flame for 25 min. Make sure it has adequate water (half the height of the tomatoes)
12. Remove cover and cook for an additional 5 min.