This dish was inspired Israeli Chef Nir Margalith. It is delicious, healthy and an impressive looking salad for entertaining which can be served year round.
1 bag of arugula
15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 cucumber or 2 -3 Persian cucumbers
½ pound Feta cheese, crumbled
½ purple onion, thinly slices and chopped
5 Tablespoons The Spice Way House Blend Olive Oil
2 pita breads
2 Tablespoons The Spice Way Sumac
½ teaspoon The Spice Way Dead Sea Salt
½ teaspoon The Spice Way Za’atar
Instructions for Pita Chips:
1. Cut pita bread into medium size cubes.
2. In a bowl, mix the cubed pita with approx. 2 tbsp. olive oil, za’atar and sumac so they are coated with the olive oil spice blend.
3. Place on a pan, spread out evenly for cooking and place in the oven for 10 - 20 minutes at 400 degrees. (Save a pinch of sumac and za’atar for tossing directly into salad).
4. Cook until dried up and toasty brown. Toss into salad when ready to serve.
Instructions for Fattoush Salad:
1. Place arugula in large bowl.
2. Cut tomatoes in half and to salad.
3. Peel Cucumber and chop.
4. Cut onions in thin slices. If you have a mandolin, recommended and add to salad.
5. Squeeze 1 lemon with 4 tablespoons olive oil and add salt.
6. Add matzah croutons and feta cheese.
7. Toss all together. Place rolled eggplants on top and serve.