A great recipe that combines chicken, mushrooms and buckwheat. This is not an easy recipe, but a perfect example of how a mushroom mix for rice, can be used for a chicken dish.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
10 chicken Thighs
½ cup olive oil for frying and browning
¼ tsp coarse salt
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground turmeric
6 sprigs of coarsely sliced leeks (white part only)
1 lb of a mixture of fresh mushrooms (Portobello, Shiitake, Champignon), cut into quarters
5 tbsp of The Spice Way's Mushroom's Mix for Rice
6 cloves garlic, sliced
4 stalks celery, coarsely sliced
1 lb buckwheat well washed
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup light raisins
2 tbsp honey
4 bay leaves
½ bottle of semi-dry white wine
1 qt chicken stock or water
1. Place thighs in a bowl and drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with coarse salt, cumin and turmeric and massage.
2. Heat a wide saucepan with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the skin side marred 4-3 minutes until brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the leeks and saute for 5 minutes until golden. If necessary, add a little more oil.
4. Add the mushrooms with the mushroom mixture and fry 3 minutes until golden. Add the garlic and cook a minute or two until a hint. Add the celery and saute a minute.
5. Add buckwheat, nuts, raisins, honey, salt and bay leaves and stir.
6. Return the marred pot, pour wine and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat without cover until most of the alcohol evaporates.
7. Add water to cover the axis or bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low flame for over an hour and a half to two hours until the chicken is very tender.
* Alternatively Preheat oven to 160 degrees and bake covered for two hours.