A cream soup can enhance the dish and transform it to a full meal. The combination of wild rice, chicken and cream is very unique.
Ingredients for 5 – 6 servings:
¾ cup wild rice
1 Onion, chopped
2 carrots cut into small pieces
3 celery sticks, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
5 cups water
10 tbsp of The Spice Way's Soup Base Blend
1 tsp of The Spice Way's Herbes de Provence
¼ tsp of Atlantic sea salt mixed with ground black pepper.
3-4 Chicken breasts slices, cut
½ cup flour
1 can of coconut milk
Lemon to taste
1. Cook rice in water until half ready and set aside.
2. Fry vegetables in olive oil until soft 4-5 min. Add garlic, chicken, vegetable stock, Herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper.
3. Boil 15 minutes with the pan covered. Remove the chicken and cut into small pieces and return to soup.
4. Reduce fire, add the rice.
5. In a small pot place the flour and olive oil, add the coconut milk and stir that there will be no lumps.
6. Add the soup and cook for another ten minutes. Serve with a drop of lemon juice.